Monday, March 12

The Crime Wave Continues

Before you even read this, think; if a stolen gun is a bad thing to have, what does that make a gun stolen from the ATF?

TAMPA, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Charles Sharon was charged with stealing a handgun that police found under the seat of his sport utility vehicle during a drug-related search.

Sharon and a companion were arrested Saturday night after a Tampa police officer noticed the odor of marijuana coming from his 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe parked in the Ybor City entertainment district, a police report said.

A search of the vehicle turned up a Glock Model 27 handgun under the driver's seat. Tampa police reported that the gun was stolen last year from a federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agent in Putnam County, but an ATF spokesman said Monday that the weapon belonged to an agent of the state Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco.

Amazingly, Charles Sharon drops in on ESPN.com to comment on this article:
Hi. My name is Charles Sharon. Last year I was a rookie. I made the league minimum salary of $260,000. I decided that it would be better if I stole a gun instead of using some of my earnings to buy and register it. I AM A MORON!

No comments: