Thursday, February 15

You're Going To Shower With Him, And You're Going To Like It

I caught Tim Hardaway's (relation to the former 'Next MJ' Penny Hardaway?) comments about THE FIRST OPENLY GAY NBA PLAYER EVER John Amechi's gayness.


How do you deal with a gay teammate?

"First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. Second of all, if he was on my team, I'd really distance myself from him. I don't think he should be in the locker room when we are in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that. . . . I'd ask for him to get traded. Something has to give. The majority of the players would ask for him to be traded, or they would want to get traded. Or just buy him out of his contract and let him go.''


At this point I was thinking, "Eh, well a little closed minded but it's not that bad of a comment, why all the hoopla?"...and then Tim inserted foot firmly into mouth and I had my answer

But, Tim, you realize that's bigotry and homophobia?

''I hate gay people. Let it be known, I don't like gay people. I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. I don't like it. There shouldn't be a world for that or [a place] in the United States for it. I don't like it.''


Blunt is an understatement. Blunt to the power of Hate-omatic. Damn.

Hate is bad word. Truly.

But once you get past that word you realize that the man is entitled to his opinion and since the Democrats haven't pushed the thought-police legislation through congress -- YET -- the line for hate is drawn at acting upon it.

There are plenty of types of people that I dislike -- that I would rather not be around -- and I don't get called a bigot for not liking them.

Crackheads; I'm no a big fan of. Ditto for Eagles, Giants and Cowboys fans. Smelly folks, obesse people next o me in airplanes, really trashy white-trash, people who watch 'Lost.' There's a plethora of reasons to not like someone, and one of those reasons could be their sexual preference. As someone surmised on the Miami Herald blog:
"So, now we must LIKE gay people? Now we must agree with the gay lifestyle?...
Personally, believe it or not, I have no problem with someone being gay. BUT, I also sure as hell don't expect people to like it, either. Go ahead and put your **** in some guys *** buddy, but dont expect other people not to be disgusted by it."


The problem with preaching a kumbaya-acceptance of everyone is that it's a complete crock.

Isiah Thomas recently said this about gays in the league:
"We're a diverse society and we preach acceptance. No matter what your sexual preference may be, there's acceptance and a tolerance level that should be accepted everywhere. No one should be excluded."


Which sounds well and good...if it weren't complete BS.

There are PLENTY of sexual preferences that aren't accepted and, hopefully, will never be. I'm not equating homosexuality (which I'm good with "as long as you don't bring your gayness on me") with pedophilia or bestiality or necrophilia but, just like heterosexuality, they are sexual preferences and people don't have to accept or like any of them. Hell, some looney tunes people are even asexual!!! Should we all go around not boofing to appease that group?

The fact that you're not considered pedophobic or beastiaphobic because you refuse to approve of that behavior should hold true for homosexuality. People don't have to like it, and consequently people don't have to like people who don't like it. And so forth.

2 comments:

Jon said...

What's wrong with people who watch 'Lost'?

Beat Slot Machines said...

I am sorry, I can help nothing. But it is assured, that you will find the correct decision. Do not despair.